Digital, more than analog, has had an impact on my life, especially within the last few years. I enjoy listening to my iPod (over my tape or CD player) and seeing the new special effects shown in movies, both of which would not be possible without the bits and pixels of digital media. Although I could do without the potential of losing information when compressed, I understand that with the good comes the bad.
While I do not have much to do with the majority of digital media (I do not create my own art or music, for example), I do enjoy seeing what other people can create. I appreciate how other people can share their talents with me now in ways that they never could have before.
The pros of analog are that there are no abrupt changes or breaks in the images/data, it is a continuous flow. A con is that there is limited storage. A pro or con, depending on which side you stand on, is that it is difficult to make copies. A pro of digital is that the bits can be compressed quite a lot so there is a large storage potential. A con is that there is the possibility of the images/data being less precise, especially after being compressed. A pro or con, again depending on which side you stand, is that it is fairly easy to make copies.
Signing off,
Alyssa Potok
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment